We last caught up with Simone Pond, award-winning author of young adult dystopian fiction, in November 2014. In our interview she shared with us the inspiration behind her New Agenda Series and specifically the third title in that series The Mainframe.
Now, to celebrate the release of the fourth and final title in the New Agenda Series, The Torrent, Simone is back with gifts for Booklover Book Reviews readers.
Her first gift is the posing of a very important question for all book lovers, and the second, the chance to win ebook copies of the entire New Agenda series.
More on that generous book giveaway in a moment… but without further ado, over to Simone!
In my dystopian book series, the elite class has annihilated modern society in order to manufacture a new modernized world in a highly modernized and controlled environment. Books no longer exist – except in remote villages far from the city centers.
What? No books?
What if you had five minutes to grab ten books to save from extinction, what would you pick?
And yes, you only have five minutes.
Below are the books I’d save from the apocalypse.
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton (info)
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden (info)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell (info)
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks (info)
- Witching Hour by Anne Rice (info)
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White (info)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (info)
- Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (info)
- A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (info)
Okay book lovers, get thinking… this is important.
Tell us in the comments below which books you would save from the apocalypse.
Grace has survived Chief Morray’s attempt to keep her trapped inside the mainframe, but at a terrible cost: leaving her mother behind. Giving up training at the academy in order to wait for Ava’s return. Grace wants to do the right thing, but it’s never that simple. While Ava struggles against Morray in the virtual reality, Grace is left alone in the real world to fight her own battles. There’s a new corrupt authority figure. A regional council to sway. A war to stop. And a promise to keep to a precious young soul. How can Grace save everyone, including herself?
Author Information: Simone Pond is an award-winning author of dystopian fiction. Her current series includes The City Center, The New Agenda, The Mainframe, and The Torrent. She also has a short story series called Voices of the Apocalypse.
She grew up in Kensington, Maryland – a small town just outside of Washington D.C. As a young girl, she loved writing in her journal and making up stories, but after reading S.E. Hinton’s The Outsiders, everything changed. Amazed that a woman could write so convincingly from a teenage boy’s perspective, Pond became determined to become a writer as well.
Pond currently lives in Los Angeles with her husband and their Boston Terrier. Follow her blog at Simone Says…
One lucky reader will win the entire New Agenda Series in ebook.
- international giveaway
- entries close midnight 30 July 2015
- extra entries for spreading the word via Twitter [+2] and Facebook/Google+/Webpage [+4]
- the winner will be randomly selected and must respond to my email requesting their preferred email format within 5 days otherwise their prize will be forfeited and another winner selected
SORRY, ENTRIES CLOSED – Winner announced HERE