Hello October and the start of balmy weather here in Brisbane. But first let’s recap what happened here at Booklover Book Reviews during September, our birthday month:
Book Reviews Published:
Click on the pictures to read the reviews
Booklover Book Reviews 5th Birthday Giveaway Winner:
Thank you to all who entered and boosted my book wishlist by telling me the next book you would like to purchase.
The winner of the $50 BetterWorld Books Gift Certificate offered to celebrate our anniversary is:
Congratulations techeditor! You’ll find that gift certificate in your inbox before the week is out.
Other Bookish Banter:
- We’ve published six issues of our weekly newsletter ‘Booklover Book Reviews & Bites’ so far. Access copies of all back issues and subscribe to the mailing list.
- I compared my top 6 Man Booker longlisted titles with those that made it to the official shortlist.
- Which title do you think will win this year’s Man Booker? Vote now.
- I was lucky enough to attend the Brisbane Writers Festival on 5th and 6th September. So far I’ve shared my experiences at The Ned Kelly Awards and author discussion sessions that included Mark Mulholland & Brigid Delaney and P M Newton. Still to publish are my take-aways from the sessions that featured Lenny Bartulin, Michael Robotham and Yrsa Sigurdardottir and Clare Wright.
- Took a look at the books scheduled for release in October 2014 that caught my eye
- Weekly summaries of my Daily Book Wishlist feature on twitter
What’s planned for October?
- Hoping to feature several titles, including:
Click on the pictures for book information
- Authors joining us this month for interviews will include Avi Sirlin, Mingmei Yip and Kit Brennan