Okay, so it is April Fool’s Day, and do you know what that reminds me of, other than to be even more sceptical of TV news headlines than usual?
This is the first April Fool’s Day since the passing of much loved Aussie author Bryce Courtney – his book April Fool’s Day (1993), a tribute to his son Damon, remains one of the most moving and inspirational books I have ever read. But before you go off to get yourself a copy along with the requisite tissues….
… here is a quick recap of what happened at Booklover Book Reviews in March 2013:
Book Reviews Published:
Click on the pictures to read the reviews
As you can see a slow month for review publication, but on the whole, the quality was high.
Instead of my usual number of book reviews, what did I get up to during March?
- Hosted a Trajectory of Dreams Prize Pack Giveaway as part of Nicole Wolverton’s first book tour
- Published a wonderful guest post from author Lise Sonntag titled ‘Stories Within Stories‘ and offered a copy of her debut novel Significance for international giveaway (entries close 7th April)
- Gave an update on the Aussie Author Challenge new participants and notable reviews, and Edna the Echidna (challenge mascot) asked, “Are non-fiction the genre du jour?”
- Launched the giveaway of a 3 Book Hans Fallada Pack + Book Bag kindly provided by Scribe Publications (entries close 2nd April)
- I installed a new comments system, and then during Bloggiesta carried out some more renovations to my site – changed my header image and site logo, added a subscribe via Bloglovin button and a subscribe to follow-up comments option
- For the first time ever I have nominated my own site for the Best Australian Blogs Competition – you can vote for me in the People’s Choice category if you like what’s offered on Booklover Book Reviews
- Compiled a selection of Book releases by Aussie Authors in April 2013 for you to feast your eyes on
What’s planned for April?
- Publishing lots of book reviews
Click on the pictures for book information
- Reading review titles being released in April, Another Sun by Timothy Williams (currently reading), Seduction by M J Rose and Survival Skills by Jean Ryan
- Participating in Kim’s Australian Literature Month at Reading Matters as it fits in nicely with my annual Aussie Author Challenge reading list
What are your bookish plans for April?