This year I signed up to my Aussie Author Challenge 2012 at the Dinky-Di level:
Read and review 12 books by at least 6 different Australian authors
I also signed up to the complementary 2012 Australian Women Writers Challenge at the Devoted Eclectic Miles Level:
6 books, many genres
Here is an inventory of reviews written by me during 2012 of titles by Australian authors:
In summary, in 2012 I personally read and reviewed 19 books by Australian authors:
- 10 were authored by women
- 1 was non-fiction and another a collection of short stories, the rest novels
- 18 different authors are represented
- 4 were audiobooks
- fiction genres represented include: Literature, Chick Lit, Romance, Drama, Action-Adventure, Mystery, Thriller, Historical, Fantasy
Meaning I more than completed the Aussie Author and Australian Women Writers challenges set.
The following titles also authored by Australians were reviewed by my guest reviewers:
So, am I signing up for these challenges again? Of course.
Quite predictably, I am committing to the Fair Dinkum Level of my own Aussie Author Challenge 2013:
– Read and review 12 books by Australian Authors
– Ensure at least 4 of the authors are male, at least 4 of the authors are female and at least 4 of the authors are new to you
– Ensure at least 2 of the books are non-fiction and at least 4 fiction genres are represented amongst your 12 titles.
Balanced and diverse reading is the objective
And, I am committing to the Miles level of the 2013 Australian Women Writers Challenge:
Read 6 – review at least 4. But, since I review every book I read here on Booklover Book Reviews, I am altering that to ‘reviewing all 6′.
How many Australian authors did you read in 2012?
Are you signing up to these challenges in 2013?